Nov 14, 2008

SHOW AND TELL

Kelli over at "There is no Place Like Home" is having a Show and Tell party and I thought it would be fun to participate.







This is my most favorite Thanksgiving decoration. I made this about 25 years ago when tole painting was all the rage.









I used to put larger suckers in it but with so many little ones running around now, the smaller ones work better.












I know it is kind of old and tacky, but I still love it because it brings back lots of memories.




Help yourself to a sucker.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Cute! I like your sucker holder. :o) Thanks for sharing. That's a great craft idea.

Being Mrs Miles said...

I'm a real sucker for suckers... so thanks I'll have a root beer one if you have it!

what a quaint idea and I don't think thats tacky - at all!

Michelle said...

Oh that sucker holder is great! I've never seen one before. :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That is a great idea. I have never seen one before..My grandkids would love it.

Susie Homemaker said...

No, not tacky! Made lovingly by hand is never tacky! And I bet all those Grands think it is just, well...GRAND!

Blessings,
Susie

Kathy said...

Very cute - and so is your header!
Kathy

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Tacky?! NO WAY!!! I love that! Mr. Turkey is fantastic. A sucker? Don't mind if I do...yummy!
Your header is so cute!!!